Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Mirror of Erised

I think that Mirror of Erised represents what your deepest desire is. When Harry looked into the mirror he saw his family. When Ron looked into the mirror he saw himself holding the Quidditch cup. “The happiest man on earth would be able to use the Mirror of Erised like a normal mirror that is, he would look into it and see himself exactly as he is.” “It shows us nothing more than our deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts.” The significance of this mirror to Harry Potter is that this is what he lives for. He does not remember his family and he will always have that hole inside of him. It will always be Harry’s deepest desire to find out about his parents. I think that all of us have a desire deep inside our hearts. Whether it be a fear we have not faced, a deep love for something or a passion. I chose to make a collage of pictures. Each picture shows something to do with education where children are reading, doing well in school and loving to learn. One of my deepest desires is to be a great teacher. A teacher that makes learning fun for kids and makes them want to be in school. I think that it takes a certain type of person to be a good teacher and it is a hard job to do. I think that deep down inside I have the passion to be a great teacher. If I looked into the mirror this is one of the things that I would see. I put a quote on my collage that says “A good teacher is like a candle-it consumes itself to light the way for others.” I think that this quote really describes the kind of teacher I want to be. I want to light the way for others to learn and to be able to be an inspiration to children.

2 comments:

Heather Heath said...

I love the quote about the candle. I think all teachers should aspire to be like the one you wish to become! I hope you are successful and positively impact many lives!

B. Frye said...

Thank you Britney! I feel sure you will do this for your students!


By Barry Moser

By Barry Moser

By David Wiesner

By David Wiesner

The Three Little Pigs

The Three Little Pigs